Ghislain de Blois, the developer of the game, has updated his RPG for the Commodore VIC-20 to version 1.2!
If you already bought the game, just log in “my account” and check out the “downloads” tab.
Revision 1.2 changes
- Added images to death slideshow sequence
- Added 2 images for the “Dark Times” sequence
- Added digitized map to “Castle Rivaria” sequence
- Added additional images to “Civil War” sequence
- Made the in-game Search Tablet chart easier to read (to match what appears on page 34 of the manual)
- Changed “Acknowledgements” to “About This Game” to show a slideshow sequence about the features. Acknowledgements are listed at the end of the sequence.
- The Allies menu allows you to view information about your companions directly from here
- You can choose to view “alignment-sex-race-class” with runes symbols or 2-letter abbreviations
- The number keys can be used to switch the player that you are currently looking at with the View command.
- View Pic allows you to select additional player portraits to view when you are under this command
- Exit keys can be used to go from “menu mode” to “movement mode”
- A “Join” symbol appears next to the player when they have an ally.
- The number of files that are loaded when the game boots have been reduced
It’s patch day, Ghislain has updated his game to a new version 1.1!
If you already bought the game, just log in “my account” and head for the downloads tab.
Please note that the version 1.1 of the digital download package also contains an updated version of the manual that reflects the changes.
All flopppies sold with the batch 2 of the boxed edition (currently available for pre-order) will be written with version 1.1.
Savegames from version 1.0 are fully compatible with the new version 1.1. (you’ll find save files on the first side of floppy 1, they are called saveg1, saveg2, saveg3,…)
List of changes:
- Lady Carmilla Bane’s portion of the tablet is now located in the centre
- The village leaders now give you tangible clues on how to succeed in the game (instead of them saying “We saw orcs marauding in Samunda!”, they will say something quite useful like “Protection from Evil will raise the armor of your entire party during battle!”)
- 3 magic spells have been modified (Fear, Mirror Image, Phantasmal Force)
- Minor spelling and grammatical errors corrected
- Several graphical slideshow sequences have been added to the “History And Lore” section of the main menu
- A death image slideshow sequence has also been added
- Various bug fixes and game balance modifications